Monday, April 10, 2017

Taylor Mobley: Chasing the Dream in Television

Taylor Mobley on the set of her show
Photos courtesy of Taylor Mobley
By Abby Tisdale

Trinity alum, Taylor Mobley, is taking “Discover. Grow. Become.”, Trinity’s motto, to new heights.

Mobley graduated in spring of 2013 as a communication major. Now, Mobley is an executive producer for "San Antonio Living," a mid-morning talk show on WOAI.

She came to Trinity wanting to pursue a theatre degree, and searched for the perfect pairing. She found that in a communication major.

With her new discovery, she became involved with TigerTV, working her way up to become a regular personality on the campus television station.

“I started with the 'Not So Late Show' and then moved on to 'NewsWave,'” Mobley, 22, said. “TigerTV really snuck up on me, and being an on air talent was really fun.”

While working as an intern in the admissions office, Mobley discovered her passion and began to pursue it.

“I found out about several internships with 'San Antonio Living,' and decided to apply for them,” Mobley said. “I got an internship with the show going into my senior year.”

She continued working at the TV station after graduation.

“I literally graduated on a Saturday and started on a Monday,” Mobley said. “Thankfully it was a smooth transition, since my boss became my partner.”

Mobley has made a splash in her new role at the station and continued to grow as a television talent. Taking cues from previous inexperience with TigerTV, Mobley pitched her own segment for "San Antonio Living" called“Taylor’d For You.”

This is Mobley’s first on air segment that she produced and hosted. First airing on October 13, 2016, the show is a fashion segment that helps women and men feel confident about their style no matter his or her age, shape or size.

“I really wanted to begin to establish my brand and grow in my new role,” Mobley said. “I like to use typical men and women that aren’t what you normally see in a model. I wanted it to be to realistic for our viewers.”

Mobley uses different models every time, and has included Trinity professor, Dr. Robert Huesca, and student Paige Perez. Local boutiques donate clothes and accessories for Taylor to use on the segment, so she is able to find the best picks for every guest.

“Even on TigerTV, Taylor was always incredibly professional and such a natural on camera, “ said Perez, 21, a communication major at Trinity. “It’s really great to see all her hard work pay off.”

Mobley, so far, has been enjoying her job and finds that Trinity encouraged her to pursue her passions but also taught her the skills.

“This whole process didn’t really hit me until I was able to watch my first segment,” Mobley said. “TigerTV really gave me a lot of the skills I use daily and helped with ideas of developing 'Taylor’d For You.'”

In the next steps of her career, Mobley says she will continue to master her on air talent, and continue to grow. She looks forward to a future in broadcast and wants to become a host with her own talk show one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment