Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Adam McGuire: Newest Addition to Trinity Football Coaching Staff



By KaDarius Lee

Adam McGuire, a Baytown, Texas native and 2015 Texas Lutheran University graduate, has embraced his role as one of the newest Trinity Football coaches.

Officially joining the coaching staff last semester, McGuire's job involves setting up daily morning workouts for the players and recruitment. “I do a lot of recruiting, getting ready for camps that we have coming up, and talking to guys we plan on staying in contact with throughout next season to make sure we have grades for them on the front end, so that in the fall it is a lot easier,” McGuire describes his role.

As a brand new coach, McGuire, 26, is enjoying doing what he loves. “There aren’t very many things that I had a lot of passion for,” he explains why he decided to become a football coach. “I did the corporate thing after college, enjoyed what I was doing, but it didn’t just fire me up every day to wake up and do it.”

McGuire met Trinity Football Head Coach Jerheme Urban at the Stillwater Sports Camp in Blanco, Texas when he was still a student at Texas Lutheran. “I was at the camp helping out and he saw me on the side helping with the kids without anyone really asking me to,” McGuire recalls. “We started our relationship going into my senior year and he would have me work camps with him every summer after that.”

Trinity Football Defensive Coordinator Paul Michalak also went to the sports camp in Stillwater. "I think he’s done a great job learning and transitioning into the coaching field,” says Michalak. “He started at the bottom breaking down film and now he’s doing a really good job running his own meeting room and position group.”

Junior defensive back Nic Hover has McGuire as his position coach. “He’s really energetic all the time, shows his passion for the game and coaching every day, and always tries to find ways to make us better," Hover says.

McGuire does not just care for his own position players, but for the team as a whole. "He tries to build personal relationships with all of the players," says junior tight end Eliott Ghattas.

Even though he’s not much older than the players he’s coaching, McGuire understands his responsibility and endeavors to have a positive impact through his work ethic and how he carries himself.

"I strive to try and push myself a little bit farther everyday, which isn't always easy," says McGuire. "However I try and evaluate myself on a daily basis on what I can do better, whether it's being more efficient with my time, teaching new techniques, or even just building new relationships."

No comments:

Post a Comment